I am happy to share with you that we finally have a You Tube channel! It wasn’t something I wanted to do initially but I decided that it would be good for you guys to have visual of the products I feature on the site as well as advice from experts. I am not a makeup artist and can’t say I could give you the best tips in terms of application. I know a bit, but when you have access to people who are really good at what the do, why not feature them and give you guys access to them as well.
My good friend for many years and makeup artist Esteban Schmale is a Pro-Artist who works with celebrities and socialites. He knows makeup, he knows a lot about good skincare as well. On The Things I Wish I Knew Channel you will get to experience Esteban and all his glamour. I have to say, he’s the sweetest person ever!
For our first tutorial we will focus on natural makeup. You guys know I talk a lot about natural products and trying to find a look that’s natural. It’s also important to use the best products and avoid harsh products filled with toxins and chemicals. You can get the look but at the same time don’t damage your skin. It’s also important to spend time reading about the brands you use. I am glad I can contribute to your quest on finding the right products for you, products that won’t wreck havoc on your skin. Pay attention to how your skin reacts to products, pay attention to any allergies you may have and if it doesn’t work for you don’t keep using it. Just because everyone else is using it, doesn’t mean it’s the right fit for your skin type.
I talked about my favourite products for Mastering The Naked Face and Best Products For The Strobe Effect. This tutorial covers both looks in a sense. You can use the video as a guide and also the products and tips I featured on the above-mentioned posts.
FEATURED TUTORIAL PRODUCTS
- It’s light, oil free, fragrance-free
- Contains botanical extracts, antioxidant that promote healthy skin
- Easy to dispense and easy-swipe clean
- Neutral hues Long-wearing, one swipe eye & cheek colors designed to work with your skin tone
- 78% pigment saturation creates beautiful vivid color.
- Smooth application – no need for a primer (contains mica powder)
Shades/Tone/Hue in this palette
- Eye Shades: Soft nude & Neutral champagne, Deep rose with gold pearl, Feisty (mid-tone red-brown), & Deep plum.
- Blush Shades: Coral brown & Neutral peach
- Light, matte
- long-wearing (up to 6 hours)
- Vitamin E & avocado oil hydrate lips
ESTEE LAUDER: ESTEE EDIT “THE BAREST”
- made with rose flower wax, jasmine flower wax & lavender flower wax
- Smooth application, soft natural shine finish
- blended with two shades. Has a bronzing effect for added shimmer
- 2 contrasting powders ⇒ matte & shine
Ombretto Mat Grey Concrete 103
This is an Italian brand. It’s a favourite for Pro-Artists. You can take a look at what they offer on their site, it’s all in Italian (use google translate). Esteban uses this brand and loves it!
For Mascara we used a brand that never fails to offer the best mascara ever, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara! So many makeup artists swear by this brand. It’s inexpensive, gentle and you can find it at your local drugstore. (p.s. Prices vary from store to store, check your local drugstore)
Stay tuned for the next tutorial!
Cover Image: The Things I Wish I Knew ©
Artis Brush Elite Smoke Oval 4 Brush (top right)