I loved this salad by HelloFresh so I wanted to share it with you! It was my first time trying farro. Give this recipe a try this weekend!
I hope you entered the CONTEST!
- 285g Shrimp
- 170g Farro
- 1 bundle of Arugula
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Shallot
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 1 small bundle of Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- COOK THE FARRO: Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil with the farro. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until tender, 18-20 min.
- PREP: Wash and dry all produce. Mince or grate garlic. Zest, then halve the lemon. Halve, peel, and finely chop the shallot. Finely chop mint leaves. Core, then thinly slice the red pepper. Cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces.
- COOK THE VEGGIES: Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the bell peppers and green beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 7-8 min. Add garlic and cook for another 30 sec, until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer veggies to a medium bowl.
- COOK THE SHRIMP: Add another drizzle of oil to the pan. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turns pink, 2-3 min. Set aside.
- MAKE THE CITRONETTE DRESSING: In a large bowl, combine the shallot, honey, lemon zest and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in a drizzle of oil. Taste and add more lemon juice, if you want a tangy-er dressing.
- FINISH AND SERVE: Drain the farro. Add the farro into citronette dressing along with veggies, arugula, shrimp and mint.
Cover Image Courtesy.