Who doesn’t love a little chocolate? Well it’s another work week so I thought I would give you guys a delicious sweet treat to pack in your bag to have with your afternoon latte. It’s made with fermented Greek yogurt protein, chia seeds, and shredded coconut.
I talked about fermented protein not so long ago, you can find out more here.
- 1 can/400 mL full fat coconut milk
- 2 scoops fermented Greek Yogurt proteins + vanilla ½ cup shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds
- Chocolate top/bottom layer:
- 2 cups organic dark chocolate chips Coconut oil (as needed)
- Refrigerate 1-400mL can of full fat coconut milk overnight.
- Scoop out congealed cream at the top of the can. Set can with liquid aside.
- Whip congealed cream with electric mixer or in blender until smooth. Add in remaining custard ingredients. Add in remaining coconut liquid in can, as needed, for desired consistency.
- Let custard sit for 10 minutes (chia seeds absorb any remaining liquid and set custard). Refrigerate until use. Use coconut oil to grease muffin tins/silicone muffin molds.
- In saucepan, heat chocolate chips on low heat to melt fully (stir often to avoid burning). Add coconut oil as needed to achieve easy pouring consistency.
- Pour melted chocolate into greased muffin molds to create pattie base. Chill 15 minutes in freezer.
- Remove muffin molds from freezer and add 1 tbsp of custard; smooth out evenly.
- Pour liquid chocolate on top to create pattie top layer. Garnish with cacao nibs (optional). Chill 15 minutes in freezer.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature for 15+ minutes. Remove from muffin mold and serve.
Please let me know if you try this recipe!