One of the things I enjoy when I am travelling abroad, is that you can always stumble upon cafés, restaurants and speciality grocers nestled in between boutiques. It takes the whole experience to a new level and you really get to take in the day rather than feel rushed and stressed out; a typical mall experience on a Saturday. It’s not that I have anything against food courts, but let’s be honest a nice sit down meal where you can truly just joie de vivre has been missing in the North. I remember when I was in Dubai not so long ago, every café, in the mall, regardless of cuisine served offered their patrons an experience. Life isn’t always about fast paced food.
On weekends, we like to enjoy ourselves. If that time is spent in a shopping mall, I think it’s necessary to experience good food in an environment that caters to a leisure sensibility. Good food that’s made with you and your family’s well-being in mind. This is what comes to mind when you walk through Saks Food Hall by Pusateri’s at Sherway Gardens. I love the idea that you can take freshly made food home, particularly for those of us with super busy schedules, it’s not always ideal to go home and whip up a healthy meal. At least you know you have food available that’s made with quality ingredients. You don’t have to ruin your diet on the weekend simply in the name of convenience. Pusateri’s offers a wide range of take home ready to eat prepared meals. In addition, you can get your grocery shopping done aprés shopping. Take home the sweetest tomatoes, fresh seafood, freshly baked pastries and breads. Oh I can’t forget to mention the prosciutto bar! My sister will be there for sure. Or you can sit and enjoy freshly made sushi at the sushi bar and my favourite a cool glass of champagne at the cocktail bar. Fabulous right!
I promised you that I would share with you the places and spaces that I feel celebrate the pleasures of living and being in the present moment. Where a meal creates a memory and a beautiful experience. I couldn’t be happier that Pusateri’s, truly a Toronto gem, fyi has been around for over 50 years, has partnered with Saks Fifth Avenue Canada. It’s an excellent addition to Sherway Gardens. I am so happy to see all the great things happening at my favourite mall.
9 unique culinary stations. Offers Toronto’s favourite local gourmet vendors.
- Nutella Café by Pusateri’s: an exclusive assortment of fresh, handmade crepes and unique delicacies featuring Nutella®, all specially crafted by the Pusateri’s Kitchen Team
- Pusateri’s Sushi Bar: high-end sushi creations made to match the luxe ambiance of the Saks Food Hall by Pusateri’s
- Champagne and Raw Bar: with top-shelf champagne, artisanal red and white wines, and craft beer alongside cheese and charcuterie platters, seafood towers, and rotating tapas menus by Pusateri’s Corporate Chef Tony Cammalleri
- Pingue Prosciutto Bar: showcasing a collection of local charcuterie by Pingue Prosciutto, sliced fresh for eat-in or take-away
- Greenhouse Juice: Raw, 100% organic cold-pressed juices, superfood smoothies, probiotic tonics, and plant-based snacks that taste as great as they make you feel, from Canada’s leading cold-pressed juice company
- La Cucina: full-service hot food counter with innovative and trendsetting recipes developed by the Pusateri’s Kitchen Team
- Pusateri’s Own Prepared Foods: features a wide variety of grab-and-go single and family sized offerings, as well as a breadth of premium proteins, creatively prepared daily by Pusateri’s Kitchen Team
PS. They offer catering: renowned catering services featuring à la carte, corporate, holiday, private, event and kid-friendly menus
Images Courtesy of: Jean Mao