As you know, beauty starts from the inside out. I think everyone is beginning to understand this now. It’s not just about what you put on your skin but also what goes into your body to nourish it from the inside. There are so many different products on the market. I am sure it’s hard to figure out which one’s you should try. There are a lot of not so so good ones. I stay clear of pills unless they are made with whole foods (meaning I can chew or swallow them) and come in tablet form and not a capsule. I buy my supplements from reliable health food stores. Certain drugstores and grocery stores carry the same reputable brands as health food stores. Make sure you do your research before you buy any supplement. If you are a newbie to vitamins and supplements stop by a good health store and ask questions. Then when you stumble on let’s say a recommended protein you originally saw at the health store at your local grocery store you can feel easy buying it there if the price is better or there is a sale.
Here are three great beauty elixirs for you to try:
The easiest way to get some goodness into your diet is to drink it. Making a smoothie or hot tea or herbal chai is easy to do. Sun Potion, known for what they call “transformational foods” makes a variety of great supplements, this includes tonics.
He Show Wu Root is a rejuvenation tonic that is a blood-building, beauty, & rejuvenation food that increases longevity and contains anti-aging properties.
Why Is It So Good?
- Hair growth and rejuvenation.
- Nourishes and tonifies skin and the nervous system.
- Known to nourish the sexual center, Shen (spirit) & Jun (primary/life force) – a kidney tonic. Keeps the cleansing ability of the liver and kidney optimal since it tonifies them
- Promotes overall vitality – great during the cold season since it aids immune function
- Antioxidant and a good source of zinc and iron
- Great for the endocrine glands
- It’s also known to improve stamina
We will have to thank Elle Macpherson, founder of WelleCo a whole food based supplement company for The Super Elixir. WelleCo offers delicious smoothie blends and elixirs. The Super Elixir is a 45 ingredient blend with digestive enzymes, maitake mushrooms, alkalizing greens and Chinese herbs. The aim of this elixir is to keep your body’s alkaline levels balanced.
Why Is It So Good?
- Keep your digestive system working at optimal levels
- Help keep your hormones in check
- skin, hair, and nails – providing nutrients
- ingredients are bio-live cold-pressed, therefore, retaining their nutritional value and are easily absorbed.
- Boosts your immune system
- A few rockstar ingredients: Pomegranate (antioxidant), Kelp (thyroid and metabolism), Tumeric (anti-inflammatory, bacteria, and fungi), Aloe (healing and aging process), Horsetail (repair tissues, bone strength, and collagen) and Dandelion (eliminates toxins from liver and encourage bile production)
- Certified Organic by ACO and gluten-free
The Beauty Chef an Australian based brand wants you to take your beauty and glow to the “next level”. This tonic blend contains naturally fermented Certified Organic ingredients. As we know a healthy gut is optimal to your overall health, this also includes your skin. Fermented foods are great for gut health and digestion.
Why Is It So Good?
- Rich in vitamins, minerals.
- High in anti-oxidants
- It contains pre and probiotics & amino acids.
- A few of the 24 super ingredients are ⇒ ginger, turmeric, mung beans, rice, Maqui berry, chickpeas, sunflower seeds, green tea. Other standout rockstar ingredients are ⇒ Queen Garnet Plum – increase collagen production (aging), an anti-inflammatory & gut health. Dunaliella salina a nutrient dense micro-algae (antioxidant the promotes renewal).
- The Beauty Chef ’s exclusive Flora Culture™ bio-fermentation process*
- No dairy (lactose), sugar-free
Reminder: Prices may vary depending on the retailer.
**Please consult your doctor or professional healthcare provider before trying any new product. We are not responsible for any reactions you may have to any products featured on this site. What works for us may not work for you. Although, we only feature products we have tried and/or use we cannot guarantee the same experience by you. We hope that you enjoy the products featured on The Things I Wish I Knew as much as we do. Stay healthy friends!
Cover Image Courtesy.