A lot of girls have been getting lash extensions. I know quite a few girls who have them and they look great. To be honest, I am scared to get them. I am a little nervous about getting a bad reaction. I have seen what can happen to if you don’t react well. Swollen eyes and serious infection. It’s terrifying. If you are like me, then you most likely prefer sticking to mascara. There’s got to be a mascara out there that can make your lashes look luscious? Fine, they may not look like you just got a full set of lash extensions but good and close enough will do, particularly in my case.
I thought I would do some research and try a few length enhancing mascaras. I have been trying a few for the last few months. There are a few that I honestly just hate (I won’t feature them on the site, we keep it positive here) and ones that I love.
What I Look For In A Mascara
- It cannot be drying. The last thing you need is a product that dries out your lashes or the skin close to the base of your lashes. This causes irritation. Mascaras like this tend to flake and fall into your eyes as well.
- No awful smell
- A good wand with bristles that do not shed.
- Creamy and smooth – not chalky or clumpy
- Lasting, not just in terms of wear but also product quality. Obviously, you can use the same mascara forever but it should last at least 3 months and still maintain the same consistency. Don’t keep a mascara longer than six months.
- Easy to remove when it’s time. We love long-lasting but when it’s time to remove your mascara it should come off easily with a gentle makeup remover.
Here are my top 5:
- Goes on smooth for a fresh natural every day look
- Great volume and length.
- Very easy to remove. I used Dove soap and warm water when I used this and it worked perfectly. Even a damp cloth with warm water would work.
- Stays in place all day. Doesn’t flake.
- I have a deep love for Dior mascaras, they’re excellent.
- The curled wand gives lashes great shape & length.
- Smooth application.
- It doesn’t clump or dry out your lashes. Adds more volume and length.
- Easy removal.
- Thick dense wand with bristles that catch even the tiniest lashes. Stays on all day.
- This mascara contains nylon fibers that are flexible and soft. It’s conditioning and does not get dry and flakey.
- It contains oceanic minerals that protect and strengthen lashes and prevent breakage.
- Great to achieve a natural faux lash look.
Please note prices are subject to change at retailers discretion and region.
** This item was gifted to me for review purposes**